Ladiesm's (Lady-ism) is my word of how to Act as a Lady

Ladiesm's (Lady-ism) is my word of how to Act as a Lady
Your Host

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Friends

The great thing about friends, is that you can pick them,  you can get rid of them, and you have the right to choose what type of relationship you can have with these friends. With your friends, you can choose them to be hanging partners only which equates to being an associate friend, or a true friend that you can share secrets with, a friend because they would be worthless as your enemy, or a friend that is really family but your relationship is just a strong as having them as a friend.

So what if that person didn't start out as your friend, but through a mutual relationship of someone else they became your friend. Is it okay to no longer befriend that person, when them and that mutual friend are not cool anymore? It is considered not being loyal to your other friend or family member, if you decided you still like this person and want to continue your friendship? Is it fair for your friend or family member to disown you because you still like that other friend, and have no reason to drop the relationship?

In my opinion it is not disloyal. I belief that it is not fair of someone to make you feel like just because their friendship or relationship didn't work, doesn't mean I am not supposed to like them anymore. True, they are only my friend in the first place through you, and true I might not have given them a chance if it wasn't for your relationship, but darnit I did, and darnt I'm glad I did, and darnit, you need to get over it!

In real life, life is too short for me to care about what other thinks of me. I can befriend whomever I want, no matter if you like it or not. If that person doesn't pose an immediate harm to me or anyone in my circle, or themselves for that matter, why do you care? The moral of this story is: Just because you broke up with this person, and I still like them and what they represent without you doesn't mean I am not loyal, it just means that you still got some growing and maturing left in you to do........! I choose my friends, associates, and life partner, the only person I can't choose is my family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a lot of friends who have other friends I don't care for. My concern is my relationship with my friend and that is also my main focus. Because she/he is my friend I will tell them how I feel about that person but I would never ask them to choose. That is childish thinking and will ultimately cause drama in my friendship.