Ladiesm's (Lady-ism) is my word of how to Act as a Lady

Ladiesm's (Lady-ism) is my word of how to Act as a Lady
Your Host

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dating

Dating is the inevitable, it’s available online, and the ole fashion way. I believe whatever way you find it necessary to find love is your porogative. I know love is hard to find, I accepted 3 rings before actually saying, “I do.” I just believe that people are going about how they introduce themselves and their kid into the situation is all wrong. There are too many crazy people out there, and just having them come to your home because you feel you know him, is ending in tragedy.




Now this also applies to the ladies dating the usual way. It is not a good look to bring that man to your home after the 1st date or for the internet love after a month or so of communicating online. This is especially even more a precaution when you have kids. I understand that you feel you know them and you feel they should meet all the aspects of you life but jumping the gun ladies puts you in a dangerous situation.



I was in a long time relationship that ended after 5 years, and I had to start dating again after being out the game for awhile. I would meet the men I dated at central locations, one of my home girl houses, my momma house, somewhere like that. I would make sure someone wrote down the license plate number of his car before I left. Now I know you may think I was paranoid, but trust I always made it back home safely, and if I didn’t my people could tell the police the make and model of the car I left in, what he looked like, and what the plates were on his car.



When I started to date after my son was born, I never, ever, ever, ever let them meet my son. That was something I took serious. You were not allowed to meet my son unless were exclusive and had been dating for a very long time. My son was not of anyone’s concern regardless of how much I may have liked that individual. I didn’t feel it was necessary for my son to meet every guy I decided to share my time with, and we know with dating you meet many until you settle for that one. Just because you’ve been on three dates, does not mean that he now needs to meet your child, you telling him that he exist is enough. Dating is already hard enough, especially when you decide that he is not the one, so should we bring a child into this tangled web? Now I understand that you may have waited the time period, you were considered exclusive, and then it just turned out to not work out, and really there is nothing you can do about that situation. My suggestion is the minute you know in your heart, that the relation is not working, cut it, move the child from the situation, kids forget way quicker than we do, let their healing start before yours!



So the moral of this Ladiesm’s post is just to be careful. The way you choose to date is your choice, just be more mindful of how you meet them, how much of where you lay your head they know about, and question yourself on whether this is a seasoned relationship due to end, or if this could be long term. Once that is decided think more about the safety of the kids more than the wants of your desires………..When a child is born, your life no longer about you, its about them!

2 comments:

Simone Clay said...

This is interesting because I think most women are careful about not bringing guys around their kids too soon, myself included. However I remember reading in Steve Harvey's book that from a male persective, a guy should see you in mommy mode in order to get a complete view of the situation he may be getting into. He may be taken by surprise if he has been having a great time with the fun, relaxed, sexy you, and the BAM!He meets your kids and its a whole different personality. Ladies lets admit, we are different when we are in mommy mode. I am raising a young lady so I dont let her see me with everyone...why bother? But I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

Unknown said...

I get what you are saying, about allowing them to see you in mommy mode, my only issue with that is at what point in this relationship do you allow that? I know Steve Harvey was not speaking of date 3, we all know in this fast pace world date 3 can happen within one month, so does that mean after kicking it with a dude for 1 month let em meet your child? I don't think people are as safe as you think that they are because, of the last Craig's List issue of the guy murdering this girl because she went on a date, decided she wasn't interested, but since he picked her up from her home he was able to come back and murder her. You may think its common sense to be more precaustious but all these stories being ripped from the headlights is a clue that some aren't as safe as we think they are. Thanks for your comment, appreciated!